Sunday, November 19, 2006

More Bonding...Medicals...Speaking the lingo...badly!!!

Sunday - 5th November 2006 - Bonding - Day 4

Some Baby Homes don’t have visits on Sunday so we thought it lucky to get to visit once today. We went in the morning and we had a good visit. I found it very strange as I had not expected this that we are all bonding in different places. I had thought we would all get put together in one room, I asked Alfiya, Elena, even the director who said ‘Nyet’ That was that! It would be so much nicer if we were all together but what can we do – I guess I can see the reasoning behind it.

We had to give our money to Elena yesterday for our daily fee for translator and driver etc and also all our gifts. It is great to get rid of them. She thought we might be able to put down as starting bonding on 1st but unfortunately that is not going to happen. She also thought we might have court on Friday 17th. Unfortunately that is also not going to happen. There is a slow down on passports issuance at the moment. More delays! She strongly stressed that we should consider staying after court in the baby’s interest. We also have to consider our ‘babies’ at home so while we do understand it is best for baby she must understand that we do not make our decision lightly. Maybe the courts and officials need to consider this factor when they stipulate that we stay so long in-country. Alex welcomed us warmly today and we got to take a photo of him having his snack of kefir (a yoghurt-like drink) out of his cup and a biscuit. His carer Natasha said ‘Yes’, come and take a picture - but not of the other children. They are so gorgeous. They are so loved!
Sasha likes to be held. He will sit and play on the floor but generally likes to reach out and crawl across to climb on top of you! Should say me – yes, so far he prefers his Mommy! Daddy is very besotted with this little tiny guy!!

It was funny not to get to visit twice today so we got dropped off at the Pizza Blue and were able to get photos off to Dr. Jenista. We spent so much time on the laptops that we had the shakes coming off it. Felt like we were racing against the clock as you can never tell if it going to send or not. Speed comes and goes!

The Bonding Process is going well... This is Big Alex holding Little Alex who is not happy cos he is a clever little guy who knows that this is not his new Daddy!!



Kazakh Toast (Slainte!) for when wine is not readily available - P-Va Bolshoi does the job almost as good!!!


Declan & I went out on our own tonight and as we did not have Sue, our London/Russian translator I decided to use all the Russian I had and order dinner for myself and Declan… I was GRRREAT!!!!! Looked for the Pangliski (English) menu and although I did know the Russian for Good Morning – my word for today! I could not use Dobroe Utro at nighttime so I said Dobre Utro – Nyet (No) Dobroe ?. she smiled and gave me Dobre Vecher - something or other. Wish I had learnt some before coming over. Alfiya says they do not speak Kazakh up here in Ust, only Russian but she learned Kazakh from her Grandparents. She showed us her wedding album today. She got married on October 7th.


Pancake House - Very Cheap Restaurant right across from our Hotel with good food!!



Later that night Aine came to our door to tell us that Dr. Jenista had called her and was going to call again in 15 minutes to speak to myself or Declan. Of course it was me!! How nervewracking! Raced up with my pen and information. She is known for being cautious but it was still hard to hear that she was concerned about his prematurity and how tiny he is… On the plus side there are no indications of FAS or any syndromes. Still food for thought…. Declan was not worried – must say I was, more so the following morning – That night I felt a lot calmer and having spent time with Sasha felt he was doing okay.

Was late going to sleep tonight though…..
Had to do up a lot of questions for the director tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys...
Just wondered if everything got sorted out for court Monday???
Hope everything went well...blow some kisses to Tucker for us!!!
Darren & Nancy