Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Brrr! ...Teasing Gaila..... Court beckons for some!!..

Thursday - 16th November 2006
Bonding - Day 15


Boy, is the weather ever getting cold!!! Could have managed without my jacket going to the Baby House this morning but thinking about the COLD walk from the Pizza Blue back to the Hotel yesterday, when I kept urging Sue to walk faster instead of talking I decided to be prepared for anything today!

Alex has been grizzly the last few days, so it was very pleasant to have him back to his smiley self for the afternoon visit today. He was content to sit and play and we were able to video him without him wanting to be up. He quite likes the sling I brought and likes to be carried. Amazing how quick they learn!!

Alfiya came in the afternoon to get us to write out by hand the petition to the court! It was quite long and detailed and when I went into teacher mode and wanted to put better English on everything she dictated I had to remind myself that nobody would ever read the English version of this court document so let it go!!!! All the time we were in the bonding room writing out the letter the carers had a tape playing English lullabies and all of a sudden we could hear ‘Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra–That’s an Irish lullaby!!! Strange!

Communual wardrobe for all the little guys in Sasha's group!

As we were leaving Gaila was in the bathroom giving the little guys a bath one by one while the others in the group sat on their potties. The funniest thing was when she would turn her back they would keep popping up and down so that she would turn round to them and tell them to sit down and then they would tease her by jumping up again. They were laughing and getting such a kick out of it – what I wouldn’t have given to get it all on video! It was priceless to watch!

Went looking for notebooks today so that I can ask if the carers would like to write a message to Sasha and maybe Alfiya would translate for us. If I do it tomorrow they might all get to write in it.


Had a nice chat with Cathy this morning – they go to court tomorrow to adopt Aida. Got a photo of them and the other American families in the lobby this morning just before we all set off for the Baby Home, as our group will have dwindled after Saturday when they will all leave for Almaty. Janna and Michael will have to stay until next week.

Another lazy evening at home – am sure we will be out on the town again tomorrow night!!

Da Syvedanya!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: