Setting off - at last!!!
I am finally two weeks into the trip hoping to be able to blog our journey so far!! I will probably be unable to post photos just yet but will do so when I get home...
Journey to Baby!!!
Hallowe’en -31 October 2006
At last – we are off. Woke up with two girls in the bed this morning – Darrelle first, then a while later – Elena. We decided that yes, there was room for a fifth and today was the day we were going to Kazakhstan to get their baby brother!!
It’s been a long pregnancy but… we are now in labour and ready for the birth!!!!
Everyone was busy doing their own things, all packed, trick or treat ready for the two girls, one going to Doireann’s sleepover and the other waiting for her cousin to arrive.
After breakfast we had our first Goodbye – With the excitement of ‘trick or treat’ it is a good day to say goodbye – nobody feels the parting then only the Mom! For that very reason I opted out of saying goodbye anywhere but the house and Declan has offered to drop Elena at the crèche. I kissed my precious Kazakh beauty goodbye and put on a cheery face. She was happy – told her to be good and I would call her. Then I came in and cried. It is so hard to think I won’t see either of them for so long – but it will pass. With not much time to indulge my tears I moved onto the next things that needed to be done and went to the hairdresser. Darrelle opted to come with me. I think she was feeling our going more than she was letting on. Ruth did a good job – left looking a lot better, and no poorer as it was a good luck gift from her!! Quickly did some last minute things – fix computer, post letter to Marcia for Elena’s Baby Home in Taraz and buy some photographic paper for printing photos that need to go to Ust from previous adopters.
Then, it was time to say goodbye to Darrelle. How good that she also had something to look forward to. Hugged my precious big girl, of course gave her some last-minute instructions and hugged her again. Declan dropped her to Doireann’s house and I had said goodbye to both my special daughters. All in the name of bringing their baby brother home!!
Now, it was down to just Declan and I. Everything printed off without a hitch. Last sweep round and we were set. Maureen reassured us again that all would be okay – I owe her big time! Without her, Mum & Dad who will be in Ennis during the week and the Collerans at weekends we would not be able to do this!!
Our flight to London went without a hitch – in London we changed terminals and then settled to wait for Sue Jones, our travelling companion and the girl who had kindly held our passports for the last few weeks while we waited for our LOI and then visas. Because of new security measures in Heathrow, we had to do a little luggage juggling – no liquid or paste in hand luggage. Out with the toothpaste and contact lens solution!
Met with Sue, a very adept lady who will be both entertaining and capable so we will all balance out nicely I would think! Sue, Declan & I got acquainted a little better and got chatting so much on our way to the gate that by following Declan we ended up in the line for Casablanca!!! Am sure they were wondering why we were wearing big furry coats and jackets for a holiday in the sun!!! Our flight to Almaty went smoothly and we managed to get a little sleep and see the movie – Lindsay Lohan in Just my Luck – Darrelle would have liked it.
***********************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment