Thursday, December 14, 2006

Waiting for their Mommas!

This photo was sent from Sue while we were at home and although it is not very clear it shows Alex and Aida in the playpen and both of them are waiting for their new parents to come back and get them to bring them home!

'No, Aida, I can't see any sign of them and I am watching the door carefully!!' Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks

Hope all is well back home, Damer had his birthday today and we had another cake.....Poor child he didn't know what to make of it all..

I called up again today to try to take a picture of little Alex and the carers were not having any of it, I've given up at this stage and think it is time to ask Alfia to try, so with a bit of luck Sue will be able to send on a photo in the next day or so, no doubt you are anxious about him.

I was speaking to Baurjan on Monday evening and he said that it was best all round to stay in Ust for as long as poss. so needless to say that is what we are going to do. I have been trying to make contact with the travel agent re flights. I suppose we won't know how things are going till the week of the 4th when do you intend coming back ?

Talk soon


Aine, Alex & David

Adrienne said...

Hi Guys
Lovely to hear from you!

Sue, have you lost your laptop?!! Or the dial up cord?!!! I want some news!!!

Happy 1st Birthday Damir
Know this greeting won't make it on time for his birthday as you are probably finished online till tomorrow but I did think of him and it is still Damir's birthday in Ireland! would you believe it is late and I never got near the computer today till now...


Looks like there is a lot of snow outside the Irytsh now.. Is it really cold? Usual rainy weather here in the ol sod! Have managed to get back walking tho. Declan is back at work and I have stopped rising at 5am to go online so guess I am truly back on Irish time now... pity cos it was lovely to be up with nobody about - amazing what you could accomplish in the few hours before school starts!!



Did I tell you that when I put the memory stick from my camera into the laptop that all 400 + photos had been wiped - don't know why but just to warn ye to back up everything before you leave. Brought in my fried Kingston today and they presented me with another one - no problem - did not tell them I had purchased 'son of Kingston'!! Also left in camera an dthey think it will have to be sent away - will have to try to beg, steal or borrow one for the last leg of our journey. did ye mange to get to look at my blog?



Have not looked into flights yet but will tomorrow - contacted Nicole re: LOI for visa and she said Nora reckons we do not need to get another visa as it is multiple entry and good until Jan 30th... Will check with Almat tho, just to be on the safe side. Hope it does not take me a month to get through to him!!



Has Baurzhan said anything about when he expects us back? Or anything about how long he thinks the passports will take? Did they give him any inkling at his meeting with the MOE? What do you think would be a reasonable date for the return flight? Will let you know what turns up with Lufthansa....



Yes, we miss little Alex - it is very strange to be home, having accquired a new son and not to have him here = think people (casual accquaintances) are a bit wary of saying anything to me, knowing we were going to adopt and now seeing us back with no baby in sight!!! Do not worry about getting a photo if the carers are bolshy about it.... Did not realise you had gone up already... Maybe Alfiya will say something - great if so, but don't worry if not... Is she over her stomach upset?

Stay in touch - yes, you too Sue!!!

Kisses to David Andrew and to Daniel Damir and to Alex Declan if you can get to him!!



Are ye still dining out?

Sue - Hope your Mom has settled in nicely and is enjoying her new grandson - Say Hi from us!

Regards
The two Absconders!!!

Adrienne said...

HI Diane
Thank You so much for the large birthday box you sent to Elena and of course you are so good to remember Darrelle - She thinks it is so cool to have someone in America who sends her music of the shows she is so into ahead of all her friends getting it here!!! - like High Street Musical, Cheetah Girls etc. She would watch Zach & Cody, Drake & Josh etc all day if you let her....
Elena & I had such fun ... in the box. You are so good - Tell Gracie good choice!!! I love the Gymboree PJ's. They have pulled out of Ireland and the UK in the last two years so I miss them - used to buy a lot of their stuff for Darrelle when she was little...
The boots have been on her feet since she got them and they are GORGEOUS!! They fit her just perfect so I will take a photo of her in the boots and in her lovely hat and send it to Gracie!! The girls are swopping the hats back n over (whenever Elena allows it!) and they wear them every morning going out to school. The watch is a big hit also... "Mom - it's six half eight!!!' It is always the same time!!

Am enjoying my week here, with no work, just doing Mom things - like dropping and picking the girls to school and of course there is lots to do in between times with getting organised for going back and for Christmas which I want to have done before we return!! I still have Gracie's parcel here - want to add a few things to it so maybe I will send it before I go back or else my brother is coming from Boston in early Jan and might just keep adding to it and get him to send it when he flys back!!!

It is strange being home without Alex - think Elena's teachers in the preschool were nearly afraid to ask me because they saw no baby but was talking to one of them the other day and showed her a photo and she said 'Oh, he's white'!!!??? Don't know what she was expecting! I said 'Guess Elena is more Kazakh than him and she said ' I always thought Elena was Australian!!?' That really confused me - What do Australians look like???? She then said to me 'Elena is doing so well - she is really bright' Now I would always comment on how little concentration she has but she said 'No, nothing is a challenge. She can do everything and what leadership qualities - she holds court and they all gravitate around her.. I told her that is such a novelty in our house because we are all quite reserved! It was nice to hear tho.

Still waiting to hear about return dates - looking forward to going back - you asked about what size Alex is - tiny - just like Elena was, same weight and slightly shorter in height!! Think he will fit nicely into 3-6 month clothes here but know your 12 months are quite a bit smaller than ours... I am trying to be careful with money as I have been on unpaid leave since we left and will not start my adoptive leave until we pick Alex up from the Baby Home.

Was so impressed with Gracie's card - Wonder would Elena be able to do that?!!! So delighted that you are going to come to Ireland in the summer. When do you think you will book your flights? Told Darrelle - She said 'Yaay' and gave me a high five so you have one fan there!!!! Dying to see how Gracie and Elena get on together!! It will be so special to get them together.

Got Galina's details for you - just do not have them to hand at the moment - Will talk to you this weekend on the phone - is that good for you? When would be a good time to call?

Stay in touch - what do you think of my blog?

Love to all
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks,

Not sure what to say with regard to passports... I asked Alfia today and got the predictable shrug of the shoulder and pout of the lips then she said around the 21st or 22nd. Needless to say I hope she is wrong. We are going to try for the 16th.. ie leaving Ust possibly on the 15th and fly home on the 16th all going well.. Hope we are not being too optimistic.

We bought some pampers and shampoo out of the balance of the furniture money and left them in with the Director, and we got our opportunity to ask about leaving the babies until passports are ready. Poor Alfia got a shock as I am sure she thought she had us out of her hair next weekend !! Maybe now she will push the passports for us...The Director was happy to let the babies stay until we are all ready..

Take care let us know what you decide about your tickets.

Regards

Aine, Alex & David

Anonymous said...

How quickly you forget people.... What was the name again?

Actully we have had very bad news here and have had to discuss together whether to tell you or not as we are afraid that once you know you may not return. But on balance we agree that it is better for you to know the worst so that you can be prepared. National Geographic is now dubbed in Russian. I'll pause whilst you sit down.

Moving swiftly on...

My mum has settled into "your" room nicely though is still looking a little bewildered and keeps saying "I can't really believe I'm here" - well you remember that feeling. We went out yesterday for Joannie's birthday to the Chinese and actually managed to overorder on the beef and peppers (though sadly not the rice). Joannie is determined that she is going to take Igor out at the first possible opportunity though we (Alex, Aine and I ) have all reluctantly come to the conclusion that the children will be better off staying here as long as possible and have decided delaying going to Almaty until a few days before leaving when we know the passports will be ready. We checked with the Director today (afer sweetening her with the nappies we bought from the furniture change) and she was fine about it, though Alfiya looked a little shicked and said that we would need to check with Bauzhan. Didn't get the impression she was thrilled by the idea!

Haven't had a chance to look at your blog but hopefully will do later tonight after I have paid court to my mother...

I would be very doubtful that your visa is multiple entry - I think it may even say single entry on it.

The birthday was nice and Daniel Damir is slowly warming up to his Nanny! And whats more he has decided I am a safer bet than her and has become quite attached to me as a result - feeling quite smug about it!

Speak to you soon, say hello to Declan.

Take care

Sue

Adrienne said...

Not a great photo but it has both Sasha and Aida in it - the weights for December are up on the wall Sasha is 6.9kgs but not sure if thats the same weight as you had already been given. Sasha seems OK - not wildly happy but not terribly sad either - he smiled at me today when I went into the ptty room to say hello to him as we were leaving and he held his arms out to me so I guess that means he remembers me!

Damir has decided that I am fab now that he has the trauma of a new room and new carers and we are definitely firmly bonded... you would be amazed at the difference in him and he is sitting up properly now. He loves standing up but is very wobbly on his legs so still some way off Sasha in the development race.

Joannie has been told they don't want her to stay in Ust with the baby (she is insisting on taking him out) so they are trying to find a cheap flat in Almaty to move to. I haven't heard all the details yet and who "they" are or even why staying in Ust with the baby is seen to be a problem but no doubt I will get the gossip later.

I miss having you and Declan here -
My plan is to move to Almaty about 4 days before I expect to fly home to allow time for the Britsh Embassy and a couple of days sightseeing and shopping, but you may not want to leave that much time, I think Alex and Aine plan to only fly down the day before but they may change their mind on that one. I'm still hoping for the 16th but it is tight when I have to get through the British Embassy as well, ah well I can only hope...

See you soon.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne

Great to hear from you. I will give you a call tomorrow or Tuesday morning if thats ok - dying to hear more about how you got on. Had my meeting with Almat last week so will fill you in. Many many congratulations on little Alex - great name by the way!!!!

Talk soon

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Adrienne

He's gorgeous and looks pretty good. I think Alexei looked worse even
though he was heavier - his eyes were much blacker underneath and he looked
very dehyrdated - different story now as you saw yourself.

Forgot to tell you when talking with Almat I had brought confirmation with
me from the adoption board as to where post placement reports were being
filed. Turns out the address the board had was invalid can you believe it.
I have visions of boxes of reports gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in
Astana and a judge stalling decisions because reports were not filed!!
Anyway I have spoken with Kiernan Gildea the registrar in the board and we
are going to get this sorted pronto so hopefully all will be ok.

Say hello to Sue for me and give Cruella a big smile for me if you see her
again!!!!


Talk soon

Lynn

Adrienne said...

Hi Guys - Just checking in with you all.. Girls just gone off to school - Declan took off at speed to the DHL office in Shannon to courier passports etc to Bogdan for visas... He has to make contact with Bogdan first. We cannot understand why we did not do this last week - maybe we thought we had lots of time but suddenly we know we haven't and feel the pressure - hope Almat is in a good mood, hope Bogdan is willing to be there first thing Thursday morn (Weds closure) and able to DHL all back to us on Thursday evening.. Spoke to Almat last week and he sends his regards Sue, (Aine, did not mention your name in case you came out in a cold sweat in Ust and were not sure why!!!!!!!!!) He said we could go back on a tourist visa as our adoption process was complete and we were just going to pick up the baby... Say a prayer that all goes smoothly - Sue, you say your equivalent or maybe just look for an omen!!!

Now, want feedback here pronto!! Have a provisional booking for flight on Monday morning - again flights so difficult to get as it is so close to Christmas.... Thinking about it since and a Monday flight here wont get us to Ust till Wednesday morning so will try to change it to Sunday today... What day do you think you will be leaving Ust? Now also return date! Is it too much of a risk to put 17th? Or should we say 19th? If we have 17th and then there is any delay we may not be able to get a flight out on 19th with it being Christmas week.... As you would say Sue, bugger, bugger, bugger!!!! What to do? Any feedback from Baurzhan? Alfiya? Alexei?????

Will wait to hear from you today.
Thanks
Is it still snowing?
How are all the small boys?
See ye soon
Adrienne & Declan

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne,

Managed to say hello to "Little Alex" today he was in great form and got a big smile.....We didn't get to see our "litl Man" this afternoon as he had a temp. I asked Alfia to check on him before we left and the temp was down but he was still asleep so hopeful he will be better tomorrow.


Now with regard to flights, because we have to make more than one change we booked the 24th (don't get excited !) The reason we booked the 24th was that is was the only date we could get that had the same price seat available and it cost us 100 euro to book it, we have the 17th held prov. with the hope that the passports will be ready by the 15th and that will give us enough time to get to Almaty..we feel that if the passports are not ready by the 15th we won't have them till the 21st/ 22nd because of the bank holidays on the 18, 19, & 20th.. We have had no feed back from Baurzhan I suppose it is early days.

Joanie and her mum are heading to Almaty in the morning with the baby, they said that they were not allowed take that baby out and stay in Ust so hence the move to Almaty. 2 more American couples arrived yesterday, so a few more faces to look at...

It is really cold here today, snow thick on the ground. Tell Declan to hurry up and come back with the "Jemmy". Let me know what you decide to do.

Talk soon, njoy your dinner!!!!

Aine, Alex & David

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne

I’d love to see some photos of your Ust adventure

Have you booked your flights back ? How long will this 2nd trip be ?

All the best

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Had many flight delays, missed connections... arrive in Ust-Kamenogorsk
> yesterday at 12:00pm... missed first visit to baby.... when we arrived at
> 2:30, told that baby was in hospital due to a cold..... could not see the
> baby yesterday.... many problems getting a calling/internet card to dial
> out.... nobody understands English...... finally using Business office PC
> for 30 minutes..... this morning tried to go see baby, but she is still in
> hospital, so we must wait to 5:00pm to go see her at hospital, we
> hope......
> City is full of snow, very cold, many people, nobody friendly, but we knew
> that..... food ok..... city is very different, more like lonely post in
> middle of nowhere, which it is as you would image Siberia to look like....
> not necessarily cheap, more like US prices...... We hope to have internet
> connections today and have met our baby.... will send pictures if so.
> Translater/driver too busy to give us any attention, so we are basically
> here alone. Not a good feeling, but we are managing.... Met up with our
> Texan friend and she is helping us.... did dinner and shopped at outdoor
> market. Too cold to stay long.... Temps around 15 degrees.... really a
> heat
> wave.
> <
> < Lots of love, please keep your prayers, nothing is going as expected,
> just as to go with the flow and not complain.
> <
> < Sandy and Frank
> <

Adrienne said...

Hi Sandy & Frank
> Hang in there - those first few days are hard - you are settling in, still
> tired from all the flying, anxious about meeting your baby for the first
> time, getting used to hotel, different food, snow etc. etc. It does get
> better - trust me.... I felt a little like that the first few days and
> then
> everything settled down.... Brings me back just hearing you say that and
> sounds very familiar....
>
> Glad you have got to meet up with Joannie and her Mom and she will help
> you
> with phonecards, getting online, showing you the wireless cafe and dialing
> up from your room... Slava, who works in the hotel Irytsh is very good,
> friendly and has some English. Have you touched in with the Irish/Enlish
> contingent yet? Aine & Alex and Sue must be dying for a new face or two
> since they have not had us to contend with the last two weeks!!!! We
> provisionally booked our flights for next Monday morning but feel that
> maybe
> we should try for Sunday... If we only knew how long the passport for the
> baby is going to take then we would have a better idea on dates.. Having
> said that either way we should be back in Ust early next week.. Am sure
> things will be well sorted by next week and your little girl will be back
> in
> the Baby Home.
>
> Keep us posted
> Take Care
>
> Adrienne & Declan
>

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to finally meet you next week. We have seen the two
>British
> couples, but really only met Susan and her mother during breakfast today.
> I
> have not been to the Baby House but once, so really feel left out of the
> groups. When you come, are you just coming for one day? Email me
> beforehand, so we can hook up for dinner or something. I hope to have
> better news then, but right now, day # 2, we still have not met our baby.
>
> Most Sincerely,
>
> Sandy
>
>

Adrienne said...

Guess it will be Wednesday before we make it to Ust although we leave here
on Monday morning! We hope to stay a few days to get Alex used to us
again.... Everything will depend on how long the passports will take.....
Keep me posted... Hope you get to meet yur baby tomorrow... Can your
bonding start or does it have to wait until you meet yur baby? Officially
,I mean!
See you in a week
Adrienne

Adrienne said...

Hi Nicole
Sorry I was rushing out the door when you called earlier - am back into chauffeuring mode like now as if I was never away!!!!

Anyway, am back now and small girl is in bed, big girl just on the way. You may have already headed away for the day. If so, don't worry - will talk to you tomorrow or on Monday...

Will forward on some photos of tiny Alex Colleran - wonder has he forgotten us already in the week we have been gone!!!!

Looking forward to talking to you..
Using these few days to organise Christmas etc as am sure I will not have time for any of that once we arrive home from Kaz next time!

Regards
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hello. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to phone you back on Friday. I hope you had a nice weekend. I'll phone you here in a bit to check in.

Nicole

Adrienne said...

Hi Nicole

Trying to send a couple of photos. Hopefully they will attach! Heading out for an hour or so but will be back after 8 if you do get a chance to call... has not stopped raining since we got home - looking forward to going back to the snow and blue skies!!!!!!

Hopefully will get to talk later
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Adrienne,

Hello, and thank you for sending these pictures!!! He is absolutely gorgeous. I think he actually looks like Declan. It is so great to see photos, I love it! Thank you. You look beautiful yourself, I don't mean to leave you out ; )

I received your other email also, and have passed along the information to Nora and asked that she talk to the coordinator to get your tickets. What time will you arrive in Almaty on Tuesday morning? You may be able to just stay at the airport and head straight to Ust.

Please let me know. I tried phoning yesterday, but you were on a walk. I hope you got the message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Nicole

PS - Geez, Almat really likes you! That's great!!

Adrienne said...

Hi Guys
Hope all well with you all! Greetings from nonstop rainy Ireland - unbelievable - rain has not stopped since we came home and wind!! Looking forward to the snow in Kaz....

Speaking of which we are beginning countdown to returning.... Flights provisionally held until today so will go in in the afternoon to confirm.... We have been going back and forth on what we should do all dependant on these famous passports which of course noone can predict when they will issue... We had decided to book the latest flight out before Christmas - 24th but that is now costing well over 3,000 euros so now we're swaying with the original booking which is coming home on the 19th. Hopefully they started the issuing process today... What do ye guys who are there on the ground think??? Unless we hear otherwise from ye that is what we will do today....

On another note - things are getting Christmassy here - not trying to make ye homesick or anything, as if ye are not already!! Just think and b e happy that you are missing all the crazy running around. Spent yesterday in Galway tearing from Argos, to Next to Smyths Toys to name but a few. Hope to be almost finished with gifts today.... Have been buyin 3-6 months clothes for Alex!! Hope I am not bringing back too much stuff!!

How are the little guys doin? Hope David's temperature is back to normal....
Shall talk to you soon.
We fly BA on Monday morning - arrive Almaty Tues at 6.55am
Guess that wont be in time for flight to Ust so it will be Wednesday before we get there - will see ye at breakfast...!!!!! Make sure they have eggs and Lugs Hogans ears ready!!

How is everything!!
Stay in touch
Ad & Dec

Anonymous said...

We had a good meeting with Bauzhan today who has arrived to start the passport process, he says he will do his best to get the passports on Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th will therefore be possible but may not be in my case due to need to get through the Embassy but I'm j7keeping my fingers crossed! With that in mind I think we are going to head for Almaty on Friday 15th (we had considered Sat 16th but I don't think they will discharge the children on a saturday as no doctors to sign them out). Bazhan is going to investigate appartments for us (unlike Elena he thinks they are a better cost option) at about $50/$60 per night. I have said that I will consider that if they can be fairly central and not 6 flights up as I don't think my mother will cope with the stairs otherwise and may become housebound!

I am so ready to get out of here now - Daniel and I are so well bonded (you would notice the difference) and I am beginning to resent having to do what I am told by the doctors now. All the children are coming down with colds and coughs (Daniel has one) so we are on infection control measures. Everyone has to wear maskes, shoes and outdoor clothes to be stored away from the children, no playing with the children except you own, no feeding at meal times only by carers. Notice that I have started calling him Daniel... still calling him Damir as well - this poor child is going to have an identity crisis at such a young age. I put him back in a playpen with Alex and Aida when I left today, it seemed appropriate and they seemed quite happy together. Some of the new children in the group are real screamers so it's bedlam quite a lot of the time. Thankfully Daniel/Damir isn't one of them.

Do you think you could buy a really cheap modem cable to bring for me on the offchance that we can dial up form the rooms in Almaty - if we are in separate appartments I can;t see me running over to you to borrow it! If you remember can you also buy my mum a Sudoku puzzle book perhaps at the airport as I'm sure you have enough to do before then.

you may be lucky an catch the Ust flight on Tuesday if your flight is on time and the Ust one is not (which seems quite common!) - do you want me to tell Bauzhan or are you communicating it via Nicole?

look forward to seeing you with a food parcel (fish and chips for me please).

Take care and love to Declan

Sue

Adrienne said...

Hi
Have tickets and visas in hand from 11th - 19th - feels good but panicking a little over what needs to be done here..... Just wanted to tell you that Aida who picked us up at the airport in Almaty asked us would we be interested in appartments when we came back... We told her we were three families - she said she could do two family and one family apts for about $60 and $80.. Said they were very nice and close to each other and not more than five minutes walk from the Tsum mall we were in the first day... Declan has her number so it is an option to consider...

Will look in to getting a modem cable tomorrow - don't know how the fish and chips will travel tho!!!! Did I tell you I got the two guys their snowsuits? Also remind me about the Sudoku puzzle book just before we leave as my brain has not fired on all cylinders for the last few years!!!! So many people have contacted me in the last two weeks and unless I answer them straightaway it gets left!! So no problem to all that!!

Re flights to Ust - have been in touch with Nicole by email - told her of my plans - don't know if she contacted Nora - She mentioned it so you could ask Baurzhan has Nora been in contact about us - better not double book but also hope someone is taking responsibility for our reservations!!! Shall contact Nicole again now that we have confirmed... It would be great if we could get the Tuesday flight but unlikely if we are only arriving in at 6.55am...

Cannot wait to get back too see Alex.... Is he doing okay? Did Tucker's parents pick him up yet? What about Cathy and Janna? Is Joanie and herMom gone to Almaty?

Would you mind asking Alfiya to find out where my copybook went that the carers are writing in and would she mind asking one of them to check and ask the others to write in in for Alex if they wish... I have visions of it still sitting on the desk since we left and only one or two knowing about it!! Thanks!

How is your Mom adjusting? Has she got cabin fever yet?
Take Care
Talk Soon
Ad

Declan says Hi - He is majorly trying to catch up on paperwork for the businesses in Ballinasloe before we take off again..

Adrienne said...

Hi Nicole
Flights confirmed today.... Fly next Monday 11th - London to Almaty with British Airways..
Flight BA 6641
Arrive Almaty - 6.55am - Tuesday 12th

Returning 19th December
Flight 6642
Dept Almaty - 9.00am
Arr London - 13.05pm

I cant remember what time the flight goes to Ust so although it would be great if we could make the connection I think it is probably unlikely!

Regards
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was going to respond to your other email but was waiting to hear back from Nora to see if she could give me a return date. This looks good to me. I had already passed along your schedule and asked that she give it to Alma and the new coordinator in Ust. I will find out about the flight to Ust, but I think you are right that this would be too tight. If that is the case I'll make sure you are collected from the airport and taken to a hotel for Tuesday night.

Very excited for you! I am sorry we haven't talked yet, I am having some major problems with the Russian program right now.

I will try to reach you later today or tomorrow to wish you well. I briefly scanned your blog and have to say it is one of the most thorough ones I've ever seen! Nice work!

Kind regards,

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks,

Great to hear you are on the way back to us, cause you know what that means we are going home !!!

All grand here same old same old. We are going to have to get back onto the travel agent to see if she can prov. book the 19th for us as well.

Talk soon and snuggle up it is going down to -18 tonite !!!

Aine, Alex & the "litl Man"

Adrienne said...

Hey - Greetings from my kitchen in Co. Clare!! Great idea Sue! Well
done! You have surely cracked the technology in Ust-Kamenogorsk! !!
Who is that cute guy on the Home Page? I hardly recognise him as the
same baby we met just over a month ago!!! What a difference a month
can make and of course the absence of pink!!!
Cathy and Brent - you have sole access to pink from here on in and I
am moving away from it for the first time - Hope we get to meet ye in
Ust. We will be there on Wednesday morning, hopefully. Hear Aida,
Sasha and Damir (henceforth known as Ruth, Alex and Daniel) are all
bonding in the same playpen of late!!

Regards
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Jana and I will be in Ust on the 17th and then off to Almaty on the 18th so maybe we will see
you there. We are staying in the Hotel Cozol (sp?) in Almaty. Do you know where you will be
staying yet? I can hardly wait. We will be home on the 24th, hoping we may leave on the
22nd if all goes quickly in Almaty. We'll see. Just can't wait to get my arms around little
Ruthie. My church had a baby shower for me last Saturday and much more PINK. I love it!!!

How are you all doing?

This was such a great idea Sue had.

Love to you all and hope to see you. We will be keeping in touch.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I would be very interested in flats only 2 comments - I would need one without too many stairs to walk up as I don't think my mum would cope with too many. I'm slightly worried about 2 family appartments - I'm guessing they only have one bathroom and I can just imagine the chaos of trying to get 4 adults and two babies through one bathroom in the morning - we'd never get out! Otherwise I think I would prefer a flat if it is nice and central as I think it would be easier to cope with the children (not to mention cheaper). Why don't you try to get more info from her before you leave about the two family appartments so we can make our mind up when you get here.

Joanie and her mum left a few days ago but I haven;t heard from them yet. My mum has settled in and already started complaining about wanting to go home - she's such an amateur...

Alfiya has booked your room in the Irtysh I think next door but one to the room you orginally had so we can all be cosy together. I will try to remember to talk to her about your book but like you my brain is fried (in my case from lack of activity).

See you soon.

Sue

PS don't forget the modem cable and the sudoku book...

Anonymous said...

What a great blog .. I spent many hours last week reading it .. you have a gorgeous little boy !!

All the best for your return trip .. I look forward to reading about it ..

Love

Ashley