Looking back at what I have blogged already I notice that it is mostly about Elena and think this posting has to be dedicated to Darrelle!!! People keep saying 'Look how grown up she is getting' 'She has gotten so tall' etc and she has. Before I know it she will be all grown up so I am trying to treasure everything about these precious short years. How fast they pass! This photo was taken just as we were starting the process to adopt Elena. Darrelle was 4 years old and cute. Here she was just ready to take part in her first concert! Cute eh?
Now, five or six years later she is such a busy girl. violin, piano, swimming, performing arts and most recently she has added hurling so hence we are busy driving, driving, and more driving!! Darrelle has to have the easiest personality going - Who does she take after? Me or her dad? Don't answer that!! The other day after school she had a hurling match so I went down to offer my services as chauffeur and got talking to parents in the school grounds. When she arrived out in school jersey and helmet she was so disappointed to see me as when it came to having me drive her there or travel with her friends Niamh and Hayley there was no contest. Let off the hook I headed for home... and much later that evening asked her to get in the car as we had to drive to her 'Grúpa ceoil'. No violin! After much searching in the car, two quick searches around the house, out to the car again we realised that I, who had been entrusted with the care of the new violin after school had left it on the ground beside me in the school and come home with out it!! Big search, back to the school, not expecting to see it but checked it out nonetheless. No violin! Over to my walking buddy's house (She has a key of the school) and eventually found the violin back in her classroom. Someone had brought it in for her. The whole point of this is to say not once during this big search did she panic, freak out, blame me or be anything other than calm. I love this side of her personality!! Am afraid I would not have reacted the same! Guess that answers the above question!!!
Who is this cute little guy?!!
Well, Darrelle was lucky enough to be brought on her second trip to America last Easter - no daddies or small girls allowed!! We had such a good time, first in Boston (Darrelle getting to know her little cousin Aidan above - Baby Ciarán must have crawled out of the photo!!) and then in New York and New Jersey. Guys, don't move back home for another few years. We aint done with America yet!!
Now, five or six years later she is such a busy girl. violin, piano, swimming, performing arts and most recently she has added hurling so hence we are busy driving, driving, and more driving!! Darrelle has to have the easiest personality going - Who does she take after? Me or her dad? Don't answer that!! The other day after school she had a hurling match so I went down to offer my services as chauffeur and got talking to parents in the school grounds. When she arrived out in school jersey and helmet she was so disappointed to see me as when it came to having me drive her there or travel with her friends Niamh and Hayley there was no contest. Let off the hook I headed for home... and much later that evening asked her to get in the car as we had to drive to her 'Grúpa ceoil'. No violin! After much searching in the car, two quick searches around the house, out to the car again we realised that I, who had been entrusted with the care of the new violin after school had left it on the ground beside me in the school and come home with out it!! Big search, back to the school, not expecting to see it but checked it out nonetheless. No violin! Over to my walking buddy's house (She has a key of the school) and eventually found the violin back in her classroom. Someone had brought it in for her. The whole point of this is to say not once during this big search did she panic, freak out, blame me or be anything other than calm. I love this side of her personality!! Am afraid I would not have reacted the same! Guess that answers the above question!!!
Who is this cute little guy?!!Well, Darrelle was lucky enough to be brought on her second trip to America last Easter - no daddies or small girls allowed!! We had such a good time, first in Boston (Darrelle getting to know her little cousin Aidan above - Baby Ciarán must have crawled out of the photo!!) and then in New York and New Jersey. Guys, don't move back home for another few years. We aint done with America yet!!

No comments:
Post a Comment